The first Western Canadian Mission for the Sisters of St. Joseph of Pembroke was established in Radville, Saskatchewan in 1946. Along with Fr. E.A. Yandeau, a driving force in the community, the Radville Community Hospital was built in 1948 and a Home for the Aged & Infirm was opened in 1956. Both Fr. Yandeau and the Sisters worked long and hard to respond to the needs for care in this community across the continuum of care.
As a result of decreasing numbers of Sisters available over the years for the ever-expanding services, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Pembroke, in April 1981, entrusted the Radville Community Hospital and the Marian Home to the stewardship of the now Catholic Health Ministry of Saskatchewan.
Besieged by Health Reform and in response to regionalization, the Radville Community Hospital and the Marian Home were amalgamated to become the Radville Marian Health Centre in October 1993. The Marian Health Centre continues today as an Emergency Treatment Centre and a Long Term Care Facility. The Centre nurtures life at all levels as it provides care within the context of the healing Mission of Jesus Christ.