Seventy years ago in 1938, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peterborough opened the first St. Joseph’s Hospital in Estevan. The Sisters were instrumental in both the funding and the staffing of the new then state-of-the-art facility. Their vision and dedication were responsible for assisting the Town of Estevan out of a serious health care dilemma.
Although the Sisters are no longer active in operations, their spiritual presence is a testimony to their perseverance and faith.
A new hospital was built in 1991 and presently accommodates the community’s medical needs and houses many of the Sun Country Health Region programs such as Home Care, Public and Mental Health. Our Mission: “To Provide People with the Highest Quality of Holistic Care” – Our Vision: “A Welcoming and Healing Place”.